Last Updated: September 28, 2023
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect different types of information from users of our Services, such as: “Personal Information,” which is information that you provide that can be used to identify you (such as your name or your email address), and “Aggregate Information,” which is information that cannot be used to identify you (such as frequency of visits to the Website and your browser type).
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when you use our Services. For example, you may provide us with your contact information such as your email address and first and last name, the content of your communication, or other Personal Information when you choose to submit information to us through email, an online form, or other method.
If you interact with us on social media, we may collect your social media profile information, your communications with us, and your communications and posts on our social media pages.
YOUR COMMUNICATION WITH US
We collect information when you communicate with us. The specific types of information we collect will depend on the forum in which you communicate with us. For example, if you send us an email, we will collect your email address and the content of your email.
If we have collected your Personal Information in response to a job opening posted on our Website, you are giving us permission to use and retain your Personal Information for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment for the specific position that you applied to, as well as other roles at 9F. This Personal Information may be processed and stored by a third party talent tracking solution provider as well as with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work relating to the recruitment process on our behalf.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
When you use our Services, we automatically receive and collect information from your device. This information includes the following:
- Information about your device, such as the operating system, hardware, system version, Internet Protocol (IP) address, device ID, and device language.
- Your country and general location, time zone, and language used.
- The specific actions that you take when you use our Services, including but not limited to the pages and screens that you view or visit, search terms that you enter, and how you interact with our Services.
- The time, frequency, connection type, and duration of your use of our Services.
- Information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message.
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (as further described below).
- Pages you visited before or after navigating to our Services.
Aggregate Information is information that does not identify you. Aggregate Information may be collected when you use our Services, independent of any information you voluntarily enter. Additionally, we may use one or more processes to de-identify information that contains Personal Information, such that only Aggregate Information remains. We may collect, use, store, and transfer Aggregate Information without restriction.
COOKIES AND ANALYTICS
Like most websites, our Services may use “cookies.” Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to help us identify you when you come to our Services.
- Analyze our web traffic using an analytics package.
- Identify if you are signed in to the Services.
- Test content on the Services.
- Store information about your preferences.
- Recognize when you return to the Services.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with better Services by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This setting may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Services.
We may use third parties, such as Google Analytics or other analytics providers, to analyze traffic to our website. Google Analytics does not create individual profiles for visitors and only collects aggregate data.
To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In general, we collect information and Personal Information from you so that we can provide our Services, operate our business, communicate with you, and provide information that you request from us. This may include but is not limited to the following:
- Provide, operate, improve, maintain, modify, and protect our Services.
- Provide you with technical and other support.
- Send you notices and alerts.
- Conduct research, analytics, and monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- Product improvement and development.
- Contact you and respond to your inquiries and requests, and when needed verify your status and identity in connection with our exchanges.
- Enhance or improve user experience, our business, our products, and our websites, including the safety and security thereof.
- Personalize our Services for you.
- As necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process, or governmental request.
- Enforce contracts and our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of 9F, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not rent or sell your Personal Information.
Like most companies, we share information, including Personal Information, in certain circumstances with third parties through operation of our Services and our business. Below we explain when that happens.
We may transfer Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of providing the Services or operating our business. For example, we may transfer your Personal Information to third-party vendors and service providers to assist with providing and improving the Services, and to communicate with you about current or future offerings.
We may also transfer your Personal Information to third parties under the following circumstances: (i) to our affiliates and subsidiaries, (ii) to comply with a legal requirement, law, subpoena, judicial proceeding, court order, governmental request, or legal process; (iii) to investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; (iv) in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, asset sale, financing, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of 9F or an affiliate, including the evaluation thereof; (v) when we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of 9F or other persons, or (vi) as otherwise required or permitted by law, including any contractual obligations of 9F.
AS DIRECTED BY YOU AND WITH YOUR CONSENT
Our Services may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties, which may include social media features, such as social media buttons or links. We provide such hyperlinks for your reference and convenience only. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their content or the privacy or other practices of such websites. It is up to you to read and fully understand their privacy policies. Our inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. If you are submitting information to any such third party through our Services, you should review and understand that party’s applicable policies, including their privacy policies, before providing your information to the third party.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 in connection with the Services.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take the security of your Personal Information very seriously. We use reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure the Personal Information you share with us. Despite these safeguards and our additional efforts to secure your information, we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your Personal Information.